As my frequent readers know, I often contribute to archaeological digs around the world and for the past two years I have been digging and translating at the site of Antiochia ad Cragum in Southern Turkey. And now things have been officially published, I can show you some of the cool things we found this year at the site🙂
For my previous writing on the site on Graecomuse see below:
First I am pleased to say we uncovered the second half of the mosaic at the bath complex which is huge! Restoration will begin shortly in more detail.
In the pool in the middle of the bath house mosaic was found a head of a statue of Aphrodite🙂
And a brand new mosaic! This one located to the South of the bath complex at a possible other temple side. This mosaic dates to older than the previously found one and contains much smaller tesserae in beautiful designs.
- Aphrodite Statue Head Discovered in Turkey (eu.greekreporter.com)
- Head of Goddess Aphrodite Statue Unearthed in Turkey (livescience.com)
- Aphrodite Head Unearthed in Southern Turkey (news.softpedia.com)
- Late Roman mosaic at Antiochia ad Cragum (adrianmurdoch.typepad.com)
- Aphrodite statue unearthed in Turkey (rarl0.wordpress.com)
- Head of Goddess Aphrodite Statue Unearthed in Turkey (aworldchaos.wordpress.com)
- Head of Goddess Aphrodite Statue Unearthed in Turkey (endtimeheadlines.wordpress.com)
- Head of Aphrodite from Antiochia ad Cragnum (rogueclassicism.com)
- UNL archaeologists uncover statue head in Turkey (journalstar.com)